Sunday, December 28, 2008

Theory of breadmaking


My new Cuisinart bread-
maker's first day on the job


My daughters Lana, Lisa and Aimee gave me a new Cuisinart breadmaker for Christmas. I started making bread last year in an effort to cut as much salt and saturated fats from my diet as possible. I had been using Lisa's.

I was very surprised and felt a little awkward because I just don't want my children to spend their hard earned money on me. They want to give a present of course but I always stress that I don't want anything big. Lana said it wasn't much after everything I've done for them.

Yes, I suppose I've done a lot for them but it was always for them, to help them start their own lives and give them a head-start. Never the thought that anything other than love would come back. Apparently, while I was taking them to swimming, hockey, waiting for them at the university after classes, scraping ice and snow off their cars and the other little things over the years, I was making bread.

My reward for what I have done (and your Mother) is to see you grow to be beautiful, responsible and caring young ladies. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I love you
Dad

2 comments:

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

Tony that is the best bread story I've ever heard. They are lucky ladies to have you as a Dad. Dads are always lucky to have the love of their children. If the bread is anything like the sample I had thios summer...should be good eat'in. lol

Stan

Tony said...

Thanks Stan. Like the Beatles said "love is all you need!".

Tony :-)